Thursday, April 2, 2009

Well how long will this last?



I think i tried this once before and as with most things for me, being ADD, it was left by the wayside as I chased other "chickens". Some know where the chicken thing came from. There is a T-shirt with a saying - "They say I have ADD but they just don't under......oh look a chicken!"

It is not easy or fun being distracted when you truly want to accomplish getting things done. On the other hand it is very satisfying when you can do five things at once and remember where you left off each time you get back to one you left incomplete. The world, however is not geared for someone like me. And it can be demoralizing when you see the accomplishments of others who either do no suffer from or have found a way to make the ADD work in their favor without guilt or frustration. I have so many "projects" that beg for my attention and I make plans in my head to get to them NEXT and inevitably I don't do what is in my head but what catches my attention at that moment.

So here are my "plans" for today -



  • Go to bank to have signature recorded,

  • go to Trader Joes,

  • Go to Costco or Sam's,

  • water the plants in the back yard,

  • clean the cat's litter box,

  • take riley for a walk,

  • check at Blockbuster to see if I can rent a blu-ray of Twilight.

  • Test the water in all of the fishtanks and change water accordingly.

Since I do not have to go to a "job" this should all be do-able right?

We shall see.....

Will I check back her tomorrow to continue this and see how I did against my list?

Odds are NO but maybe I will surprise myself.

Later.....................




Okay so it's later and this is what I got done today:

  • Go to bank to have signature recorded,
  • Go to Trader Joes,
  • Go to Costco or Sam's (Sam's won!)
  • Water the plants in the back yard,
  • Clean the cat's litter box,

Not bad.........Riley and the fish get attention first tomorrow.....




No comments:

Post a Comment