Friday, April 17, 2009

Freaky Friday


Arrrrgggghhhhh....;THAT was how my day started.....I had weird dreams about some sort of sci-fi stuff....I culdn't remember the code to get back to the ship.....Riley woke me up before I could resolve anything....oh well....reality is more important and he is rather needy right now because of his colitis....I think his meds are doing some good...I really really hope so.....because if I have to continue cooking rice............well that's the next thing that went wrong........VERY wrong. A pot of rice should never be started unless it has your full attention so that you remember that you are cooking something...on the stove...on the VERY HOT - ON HI HEAT stove.....and you should ALWAYS put the timer on the microwave on so that even if you forget that something is coooking IT will remind YOU!!!! BEFORE you start smelling something and can't figure out "what is that smell?" I thought it was the computer....but when I went out into the hallway the smell was stronger....in the direction of the kitchen....and then it hit me....I FORGOT THE RICE!!!!


I am SO lucky a fire didn't happen.....no water left and that god-awful burnt rice odor that goes up in your nose and won't leave. I put the pot in water and opened every window in the house...turned on the whole house fan which sucks inside air and sends it out AND lit candles cause of THAT SMELL.......I had to evacuate poor BB to the back bathroom and closed the door and turned on the fan so that he wouldn't be breathing the fumes....Fast forward to an hour later.....I had taken a shower and got the burnt rice out of my nasal passagesbut it was STILL in the kitchen and dining room.....and a little in the living room.....have I mentioned I love Google...not just because Ben works there...but because you can find all KINDS of answers to problems.


I googled removing burnt rice odor and got two consistent resolutions, One was to boil water and vinegar and the other was to boil cloves and cinnamon. I went for plan B. SOOOOO much better.....the house smells more like Christmas cider....LOL....


I just finished cleaning the 30 gal aquarium and filter and am going to head to town to pick up my golfers/tennis elbow supports in hope s that it will alleviate some of my pain. And then I am going to come home and water my flowers inside and out. I am going to take Riley with me because he needs to be with me right now.


It is 1:43 and I am hoping I can stay out of trouble...


Later.......


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment